Monday, September 23, 2013

A Mouse in the House

A funny thing happened in the library on Friday...

We discovered a mouse living in our stacks early last week. The mouse trap (humane) has been in the office area for a few days with no results. On Friday, as she was leaving the library, an English teacher let me know that her class had seen the mouse all the way in the back of the library, and was laughing because her boy students were practically standing on the tables. She also let me know that the students had found the mouse hole, and where it was. "Okay", I thought, "I'll move the mouse trap back there after school". When my son came in after school, I explained the situation to him, and asked him to move the trap for me. When he came back to the front of the library after moving the trap, he was cracking up and carrying a book. To my quizzical expression he said "They were blocking the mouse hole with this book", and he handed it to me. The title of the book? "The Mousetrap", by Agatha Christie. Leave it to an English class....:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Students: When posting comments please use only your first name. Comments will be approved by a librarian before posting.